Who doesn’t love themselves a good wrap. A nice flour tortilla, sauced in mayo and mustard topped with some pre cooked bacon, turkey, lettuce and tomato and you’ve got yourself a good ‘ol BLT/clubhouse. Yum right?
– Flour Tortilla: Refined and unrefined flour in your body causes everything nasty from diabetes to high blood pressure. More detail here.
– Pre cooked bacon: sodium + saturated fat + nitrate = bad
– Mayo: High fat and calories, may contain gluten, raw eggs equal food born illnesses such a salmonella poisoning.
– 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
– 1/2 garbonzo bean water
– tbsp of lemon juice
-tbsp of fresh garlic
– 1.5 tbsp tahini
Blend all ingredients together until sauce reaches desired consistency. Taste it, and decide if you would like more of the ingredients added. Additional flavour can easily be blended in such as pesto, sun dried tomatoes, and roasted garlic.
-8 pieces of washed and dried collard leaves (Remove excess stem)
– 1 avocado thinly sliced
– 1 mango thinly sliced
– 1 cup of mushrooms thinly sliced
– 1 cup of sprouts
– 1 red pepper thinly sliced
Layer the hummus on the collard wrap.
Fill each with avocado, mango, mushrooms, red pepper, and sprouts.
Wrap closed using the