Clouds and rain don’t stop us!
I am so fortunate to live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I swear this place keeps me grounded, everyday I have one of those “sigh” moments. Today was no different, boating around the Burrard inlet, with the fresh ocean breeze, great company and of course the most loveliest views! The weather is still a little chilly. Once we got home we were definitely in the mood to bundle up with a movie, fire and a homemade bowl of my vegan chili.
Hopefully, this recipe will keep you warm until the sun shines!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 sweet onion,chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 can Eden Organic Black Beans
- 1 can Eden Organic Lentils
- 1 can Eden Organic Kidney Beans
- 1 can Eden Organic Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 large can Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Organic Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp ground coffee beans (secret ingredient*optional)
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds (secret ingredient*optional if needs thickening)
In a frying pan: saute in oil the garlic, peppers and onion, until soft.
Add sauteed ingredients and all other ingredients in a large pot or crock pot.
Simmer for 1 hour or until carrots become soft.
Add more spice as desired based on your taste preference.