Green smoothies are a staple to my mornings. My boyfriend even swears by them. Last week I had a few super early and busy mornings, so unfortunately I didn’t have a chance to make our daily smoothies. He told me that he noticed a change in his levels of focus and fatigue on those days, which was awesome and encouraging feedback! Not only do the super green smoothies taste good but they work!
…. But of course they work. Once you see all the nutrients that go into these guys you won’t doubt that you’ll be feeling good all day, reaping the benefits of some awesome superfoods. Smoothies are all the craze right now, everyday I’ve been spotting new people sporting a green drink in Vancouver. So for all of you wondering about those green drinks – here’s my morning staple Super Green Smoothie recipe. I promise that if you drink this and hit up a yoga class, you won’t need coffee all day 🙂
– Benefits of Green Smoothies totally depend on what you put in it… Add and omit ingredients, as long as its green and alive, chances are it’ll be amaze. I find the more bananas = more creamy, more berries/coconut water = more sweet.
Super Greens Smoothie
- Stalk of celery
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (rind taken off)
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- handful of fresh cilantro
- handful of fresh parsley
- 2 handfuls of fresh kale
- fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup water
- Supergreens powder (optional: mix of chlorella, spirulina and brainON)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup hemp seed
- 1/4 cup of ground cacao or cacao nibs
- 1 kiwi
- handful of frozen or fresh fruit (optional)
Sometimes I even add a scoop of Vega if we’ve just worked out. I also been recently wondering about trying other forms of plant based protein such as Sun Warrior powder which I’ve heard many people rave about!